Grand Rapids Disorderly Conduct Attorney


Although many people do not take charges of disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace very seriously since it seems like a minor and common offense, it is important that you hire legal representation if you have been arrested. At Blanchard Law, we have more than 60 years of combined experience representing individuals like yourself against a wide range of offenses, ranging from minor misdemeanors to felony crimes.

Contact a Grand Rapids disorderly conduct attorney today at (616) 244-2234 for aggressive and caring legal defense.

What Constitutes Disorderly Conduct?

Disorderly conduct is an umbrella term which surrounds many different types of behavior. It can be charged on its own as well as in addition to other charges, such as if you were accused of breaking open container laws, public intoxication, and disorderly conduct. This crime can also be offered as a lesser charge to a more serious offense as a result of negotiations with the prosecution.

There are many acts which can fall under the term disorderly conduct, including:

  • Disturbing the peace
  • Prostitution
  • Spying
  • Begging
  • Vagrancy
  • Indecent exposure
  • Obscene conduct in public
  • Loitering around prostitutes
  • Solicitation of legal services
  • Intoxication in public
  • Neglecting one's family
  • Obstructing traffic
  • Physical altercations
  • Loud and offensive language

Penalties for Disorderly Conduct Offenses

Typically, disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace is charged with a misdemeanor. Depending on the nature of the offense, you could be facing a fine of $100 to $400, probation, and up to 90 days in jail. In addition to the possible criminal penalties, you will also have a permanent criminal record if you are convicted. Our Grand Rapids criminal defense lawyers' top priority is to provide you with the level of representation you need on your side to aggressively protect your rights.

Would you like to discuss your options and how our firm can assist you? Give us a call now at (616) 244-2234 to discuss your freedom and future.

Tell Your Side of the Story to Blanchard Law

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Contact Our Firm